Resources for Clients
(who are engaged in energy psychotherapy - or for those seeking techniques for self-help)
True healing involves a growth in consciousness, an opening in awareness and a return to oneself. Everything else is symptom relief. The Tao of Homeopathy, by Ian Watson
[Scroll down for the videos -  Relief from anxiety, stress and depression;  Relief from sleep difficulties;  Easy EFT;  Relief from Generalized Anxiety;  Relief from Social Anxiety;  Achieving a healthy weight ];  Relief from OCD;  Freedom from addiction to smoking;  Removing Errant Coding
Whilst work with the PEP therapist can provide depth and precision that is not easily attained by oneself, the use of additional self-care energy procedures can be of definite value - and can help to sooth and diminish the intensity of any distress that emerges following a PEP session. The session with the therapist will often clear all the distress that can be accessed at the time - but when a space is created within the mind-body-energy matrix, other layers of conflict and distress may emerge into that space. This is part of the process of working through the layers and multiple aspects of the problem that brings a client to seek help.
Relief from anxiety, stress, and depression
Some well-established meridian tapping (or holding and breathing) sequences for different emotional states (originally discovered by Dr Callahan) are as follows:
- For anxiety:
- under eye; under arm (bra strap); under end of collar bone
- For claustrophobic anxiety:
- under arm; under eye; under collar bone.
- For trauma:
- eye brow (next to nose); under collar bone.
- For trauma with complex emotions, of shock, anger, anxiety, shame and guilt:
- eye brow (next to nose); under eye; side of eye; chin; little finger (inside by the nail); under arm; index finger (thumb side, by the nail); collar bone [NB:this is not a standard TFT sequence]
Since there are often psychological reversals organised against releasing the stress or anxiety, it may be helpful to begin each tapping sequence as follows:
- Tap the side of the hand (karate chop point), whilst saying "All my resistances to being free of this distress - I completely accept myself"
Relief from sleep difficulties
Emotional Freedom Techniques [EFT] - a simplified derivative of Thought Field Therapy, developed by Gary Craig - is a very popular self-care tool for dealing with distress. Gary Craig's own free manual, tutorial, and information-rich website is available here. Another excellent manual, closely based on Gary Craig's original material is also available: Click
Easy EFT - a lubricant for the mind !
My modified collar bone breathing technique is soothing and effective at relieving stress:
Relief from generalized anxiety
Comprehensive stress relief technique
This begins with the collar bone breathing technique, then moves on to a derivative of Eden and Feinstein's 'crown pull', combined with a meridian sequence for trauma and anxiety. Here is what to do:
- Think of what is troubling - with the intention of releasing the stress - to leave all the cells of your body and brain 'clear and fresh and free of stress'
- Palms crossed over the heart chakra, finger tips resting under the knobbly ends of the collar bones.
- Rub them around a little - if it helps, you can say or think 'I completely accept myself'
- Then breathe in all the way and hold for a few seconds - then breathe out half way - then out all the way - then in half way - then breathe normally.
- Turn the hands into knuckles, still crossed, and repeat the breathing sequence.
- Then place your finger tips in two vertical lines on your forehead, with the little fingers resting on the eye brows next to your nose - breathe easily and deeply for a few moments
- Then slowly drag your fingers apart, across your forehead, as if opening at tiny crack in your skull to let out the tension and pressure
- Drag your fingers around to the sides of the eyes on the bony edge - breathe easily and deeply
- Then drag them under the eyes - breathe easily and deeply
- Then wrap your arms around yourself, as if giving yourself a hug - press on the sides of your body (at the bra strap if you are female, equivalent place if you are male) - breathe easily and deeply
- Then bring your fingers back resting again under the collar bones, palms crossed - breathing easily and deeply
Relief from Social Anxiety
Lung Meridian Breathing.
This is very simple and often remarkably effective.
- Cross your hands over your chest and heart centre, with the finger tips resting in the hollows of the shoulder - under the collar bone - to find it, move your fingers along from the edge of the shoulder, under the collar bone - there is a 'hollow' or indented area, quite large. [A special point relating to the lung meridian is in this area]
- As you rest like that, your breathing will become more calm, finding its natural rhythm. It will begin to discharge stress. Since stress is in many ways patterned into the breath - such as the way that breathing becomes constricted, shallow, or rapid when a person is anxious - this use of the breath is an excellent way to release stress gently.
- If you bring to mind whatever is troubling you, the calm rhythm of your breath will help to clear the stress.
Achieving a healthy weight
If the above techniques do not work for you, try the following exercise first. It is designed to correct homolateral energy flow - a common energetic condition that will prevent stress being released.
- Tap on each knee, alternatetely, with the same side hand - do this for a few seconds
- Then switch to cross tapping - so left fingers tap on right knee and right fingers tap on left knee - your arms are crossed.
- Switch back briefly to same side tap
- Then return to cross tap
- Always tap longer on cross tap - and always finish with cross tap.
Then try any of the above exercises again.
Relief from OCD
Relief from OCD
Energy Visualisation Exercise
The Energy Visualisation Exercise [EVE], listed elsewhere on this website, can also be useful for discharging stress: click
Energy Psychology to assist in achieving freedom from addiction to smoking
Tapas Acupressure Technique [TAT]
Tapas Fleming's TAT is widely used, is supported by research, and in essence is very simple. It is a truly inspired gift. Click here for the TAT website, where you can obtain a free e booklet How to do TAT - or visit wwwtatlife.com
Removing Errant Coding - and the 'Adam and Eve Constellation' - deep patterns of feeling without a home, an outcast, not belonging anywhere, primal guilt
Obviously, the techniques listed here are not a substitute for professional help - and are not intended as a treatment for any medical disease or condition.